Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade issues

Gilby-

I can't access the upgrade thread, "About time for an upgrade." I can't start a new thread in that forum either. So far I see no access to Uni mail and no FTP access. FTP is probably on the back burner but mail is something you might want to look at. I was otherwise able to log on and navigate the site. Thanks for all the work you put into it.
    -Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

I'm aware of the mail issue, but I haven't figured out the nginx configuration to get it working and I tried several things. I might switch to Apache.

E-mail will work with an IMAP client.
    Last edited by Gilby; 2020-02-26, 04:56 AM.
    Gilby

Comment

Not a fan of all the reductions:
      - the avatar images reduced by half (yet there's plenty of room in that grey rectangle), making some of them hard to figure;
      - the smaller font forcing me to squint or get closer to the screen, both hurting my eyes;
      - 40% or so of my screen width that is now useless (seems to be a trend, looks 'modern').

Don't get me wrong, Gilby. I appreciate the effort of maintaining this place.
      It's just that - for me - with the new layout, the place has lost a lot of its readability.

Comment

I'm sorry but I really dislike this layout. I need a "new posts" button.
        If you are female please join the Female Unicyclists! group on Facebook!

Comment

Sorry, but this is not an improvement. No new posts button, no update time on overview pages. How do you know where the new posts are? At least there is a Like button but I just don't seem to go looking for posts to like, all too hard.

this is a wonderful forum, so thankful for it being provided, but since far these changes just don't work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gockie View Post
            I'm sorry but I really dislike this layout. I need a "new posts" button.
            I think the "Latest Activity" link is the equivalent.
            Gilby

Comment

Originally posted by Gilby View Post

I think the "Latest Activity" link is the equivalent.
              Thanks however that's not visible if I access the site on my phone.

Also another user has messaged me saying that he forgot his password and the password recovery function doesn't work, it doesn't send an email to the user.
              Last edited by Gockie; 2020-02-26, 09:08 PM.

Comment

it is accessible via the pull down menu "Forums" at the top.
                Einradfahren in Sachsen:
                einradsachsen.com
                f/EinradSachsen
                07.06.2020: Europamarathon

Comment

How does someone start a new thread?

Comment

See photo
                    Einradfahren in Sachsen:
                    einradsachsen.com
                    f/EinradSachsen

Comment

I'm not able to ban users anymore, which seemed to be my favorite unicycling trick
                      Einradfahren in Sachsen:
                      einradsachsen.com
                      f/EinradSachsen

Comment

Gilby-

Since the thread "About time for an upgrade" under "News and Announcements" in the forum "Latest Unicycling News!" is inaccessible to members maybe you should redirect it to this thread which folks can respond to. That, or allow access to the upgrade thread.
                        -Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

Thank you for the hint!

Done
                          Einradfahren in Sachsen:
                          einradsachsen.com
                          f/EinradSachsen

Comment

I will probably be fine in a few weeks. Right now, however, the layout is annoying. There seems to be a ton of white space. If some of the elements in the sidebar could be shrunk or placed side-by-side, that might solve the problem. The border between one post and the next is not as easy to see. The compose section is tiny. The link button doesn't seem to provide a method for entering link text; instead, it shows the complete url. I don't yet know the workaround for that. And another strange behavior: If I switch applications then return to this compose pane, all the text is highlighted when I return.

Thanks for bearing with our whining, Gilby!

Comment

Thanks for the upgrade, still getting used to it, but it seems like embedding works, and you can now attach reasonably sized pictures. Also the "auto save" is much appreciated.

Originally posted by elpuebloUNIdo View Post
                              The compose section is tiny.
                              You can drag that bigger and smaller the bottom.

Originally posted by elpuebloUNIdo View Post
                              The link button doesn't seem to provide a method for entering link text; instead, it shows the complete url. I don't yet know the workaround for that.
                              Forum. you need to highlight the part you want to link, and then press the link button.
                              However, I do have an issue with links too, if you write behind a work you added a link to, it will continue to be a part of the link. But I guess getting used to just adding in the links later isn't that hard.

If there is a way to do multiple quotes, or add in a quote without deleting all the text that you have already written, I can't figure it out, that would be an issue for me.

Again, many thanks for keeping this forum alive.
                              In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -Douglas Adams.

Comment

Working...
                              X