Forum UI Style Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum UI Style Fix

Too much scrolling? Tired of hitting page up, page down? Huge pictures kill your overview? Got distracted from the posts' content?

Let's restyle the forums! See these two examples:
    1. example: post with text only, comparing the the style fix and some forum user preferences to original view
    2. example: posts with pictures, comparing only style fix on/off

The story: When I was browsing the forums I got tired of all the unnecessary spacing, uninteresting information and occasional huge pictures cluttering the screen. So I hacked together CSS to fix that.

Here you go: view or download CSS style fix.

You may load this CSS with your favourite web browser user style extension (e.g. Stylus for Firefox or Chrome) and enjoy less clutter when browsing the unicycling forums. Yey!

Further notes:
    • Lots of padding got removed. Some line breaks and horizontal rulers got killed. Pictures and some less interesting elements are shrunk down and expanded on mouse hovering.
    • If you want to understand fully what that CSS code does, please refer to the comments in the code.
    • To enjoy less clutter, you may also want to turn of avatar pictures, signatures in the User CP.
    • The CSS selectors are a bit long and unpleasant. Blame the very old-school HTML of this forum for it.
    • In case you use it and make any changes, please share them in this thread or PM me. Thanks!
    • That's the first version. Any updates shall get published here.

A new version of the site will hopefully come soon. Looking at either vbulletin 5.5, which I have a license for already, or Invision Community, which is more expensive, but has what appears to be a better community spam moderation feature.
    Gilby

Comment

Can we help you with the costs?
      Einradfahren in Sachsen:
      einradsachsen.com
      f/EinradSachsen
      07.06.2020: Europamarathon

Comment

Originally posted by Eric aus Chemnitz View Post
        I would donate.

Comment

Given my lack of keeping up with maintaining this site, I don't expect donations anymore. But, my paypal address is donate@unicyclist.com
          Gilby

Comment

Eric, I also made you a moderator. The basic rules I follow is to eliminate spam, but allow everything else, even if people are mean or controversial. Occasionally people post things in the wrong forum which can be moved to the correct forum.

Actually, the real main purpose (that is lacking now) is to approve the posts of new users. I usually do a search of new posts a couple times a day, but it appears that not everything ends up in it (like the thread that battleshiplinoleum posted in a couple days ago).
            Last edited by Gilby; 2019-07-15, 02:55 AM.
            Gilby

Comment

Oh,I didn't expect that. Thank you.
              I'll do my best!
              Einradfahren in Sachsen:
              einradsachsen.com
              f/EinradSachsen

Comment

Today I'm doing some cleaning in the background, hopefully helping to gain better overview of posts to be moderated.
                Einradfahren in Sachsen:
                einradsachsen.com
                f/EinradSachsen

Comment

Today I'm doing some cleaning in the background, hopefully helping to gain better overview of posts to be moderated.
                  Awesome, and thanks for helping!
                  Gilby

Comment

Working...
                  X